TreeLine Downloads (stable)
Alternately, TreeLine packages are available from the repositories in many popular distrobutions.
Two windows installers are available. Use treeline-2.0.2-install-all.exe (9.7 MB) to install for all users (administrator permissions are required). Use treeline-2.0.2-install-user.exe (9.7 MB) to install for a single user (administrator rights are not required). The source code for the libraries used to build the Windows binaries is available upon request.
Plugin Extension Modules
TreeLine has an interface to plugin extension modules. This allows extensions to be written by various coders that provide functionality needed by a few users without adding bloat to the main application. The plugins can add new menu items, access the TreeLine data and read and write TreeLine Files.
The plugins are installed by copying their Python file (*.py) to the plugins directory. This can be a directory in the TreeLine installation ("<prefix>/share/treeline/plugins/" on Linux or "TreeLine-2\plugins\" under the Program Files or Application Data folders on Windows) or in the user configuration directory ("~/.treeline-2.x/plugins/" on Linux, "Documents and Settings\<user>\Application Data\bellz\treeline-2.x\plugins\" on Windows). The same plugin file works for both Linux and Windows.
- The following sample plugins are available for
TreeLine-1.9.6+ and TreeLine-2.0.x:
- httpLoad - this is a sample plugin that can open a file directly from a web server. It adds an "Open from web" menu item to the "File" menu. Download httpload.py.
- updateref - this plugin updates empty fields from another file, using unique IDs to match nodes with fields to update. Download updateref.py.
- treepadexport - this plugin exports from TreeLine to Treepad text file format. It adds an "Export to Treepad" menu item to the "File" menu. Download treepadexport.py.
Development Snapshots (unstable)
This is an unstable development snapshot of TreeLine. It could contain bugs. Testing and bug reports are appreciated.
On a Linux system that has the libraries noted in the change log, all that is needed is the source code (with an installer script), included in treeline-2.9.2.tar.gz (496 KB).
Two windows installers are available. Use treeline-2.9.2-install-all.exe (14 MB) to install for all users (administrator permissions are required). Use treeline-2.9.2-install-user.exe (14 MB) to install for a single user (administrator rights are not required). The source code for the libraries used to build the Windows binaries is available upon request.
Older Version (1.4.1)
For use with older plugins or for a French translation, Version 1.4.1 of TreeLine is still available.
- The following plugins are available for version 1.4.1:
- httpLoad - this is a sample plugin that can open a file directly from a web server. It adds an "Open from web" menu item to the "File" menu. Download httpload2.py.
- typesearch - this plugin finds all nodes with a chosen data type. It opens and closes nodes and temporarily changes icons to highlight matching nodes. It adds "Find Items by Type" to the "Tools" menu. Download typesearch2.py.